Foundations & Endowments
Endowments and foundations today face a broad array of challenges. Fundraising and pursuing your organization’s mission are demanding enough. Add to that the responsibility of managing your investment portfolio, against a backdrop of market volatility, economic uncertainty and your own organizational constraints, and expert guidance is nothing short of imperative.
As an institutional investment advisor and fiduciary with particular expertise consulting non-profit organizations, BWC offers proven practices coupled with an innovative and proactive approach that truly sets us apart. From us you can expect the following:
- Customization—advisory solutions driven by an in-depth assessment of your needs and objectives
- Market Perspective—a unique focus on where markets are headed rather than a reliance on past performance, which has proven successful in virtually every kind of market
- Disciplined Investment Process—an approach that combines world-class research, open access to investment solutions, and dynamic, independent investment decisions
- Fiduciary Standard—the highest level of accountability for acting in your best interests at all times
- Education and Communication—a commitment to share best practices to assist you with important governance structure and policy decisions
- Cost containment—to ensure more funds can be devoted to realizing your mission
Although there is a certain degree of comfort in maintaining the status quo, in our experience working with endowments and foundations for nearly four decades, we generally discover that organizations are often unaware that they are realizing mediocre investment returns while fees and expenses are escalating.